- 1676 Edition [PDFs]. Justus.anglican.org
- John Griffiths, ed. The two books of homilies appointed to be read in churches. 1859. Google.
- The Homilies. Anglican Library.
Listed by date
- J. T. Tomlinson. The prayer book articles and homilies : some forgotten facts in their history which may decide their interpretation. 1897. Google
- John N. Wall. “Godly and fruitful lessons: an introduction to the Book of Homilies of the reign of Edward VI.” 1972.
- Ronald B. Bond. “Cranmer and the Controversy Surrounding Publication of ‘Certayne Sermons or Homilies’ (1547).” 1976.
- Ronald B. Bond. “The 1559 Revisions in ‘Certayne Sermons or Homilies’: ‘For the Better Understandyng of the Simple People.'” 1978.
- John E. Booty, David Seigenthaler and John N. Wall, Jr. The Godly Kingdom of Tudor England : Great Books of the English Reformation. 1981.
- John N. Wall, Jr. and Terry Bunce Bungin. “‘This Sermon . . . upon the Gun-Powder Day’: The Book of Homilies of 1547 and Donne’s Sermon in Commemoration of Guy Fawkes’ Day, 1622.” 1984.
- Ronald B. Bond. “‘Dark Deeds Darkly Answered’: Thomas Becon’s Homily against Whoredom and Adultery, Its Contexts, and Its Affiliations with Three Shakespearean Plays.” 1985.
- Ronald B. Bond. Certain Sermons or Homilies (1547) and a Homily against Disobedience and Wilful Rebellion (1570): A Critical Edition. 1987. Reviews by Dan G. Danner || Michael Finlayson || Alan Rudrum || John N. Wall
- Debora K. Shuger. Sacred Rhetoric: The Christian Grand Style in the English Renaissance. 1988.
- Susan Wabuda. “Bishops and the Provision of Homilies, 1520 to 1547.” 1994.
- Stephen Buick. “‘Little children, beware of images’: ‘Homily Against Peril of Idolatry’ and the quest for ‘Pure religion’ in the early Elizabethan Church.” 1997.
- Peter Toon. “The Articles and Homilies.” Chapter 2 in John E. Booty, Stephen Sykes and Jonathan Knight, eds. The Study of Anglicanism. 1998.
- Ashley Null. Thomas Cranmer’s Doctrine of Repentance: Renewing the Power to Love. 2001. Google Reviews by J. Andreas Löwe || Robert Peters || Adrian Streete || David Virtue || Dewey D. Wallace, Jr.
- Brian T. Hartley. “Narratio reformationis: the Elizabethan homilies of 1563 and the problem of authority in the Ecclesia anglicana.” 2004.
- Brian T. Hartley. “The Liturgical Reordering of the Ecclesia Anglicana: Faithful Understanding in the Elizabethan Homilies of 1563.” 2007.
- Lionel Windsor. “Thomas Cranmer the Protestant reformer during the reign of King Henry VIII.” 2009.
- Ashley Null. “Official Tudor Homilies.” Chapter 17 in Peter McCullough, Hugh Adlington, and Emma Rhatigan, eds. The Oxford Handbook of the Early Modern Sermon. 2011.
- Steve Perisho. “The two Books of homilies (copy dated 1676).” 2013.
- Richard S. Briggs. “The Christian Hermeneutics of Cranmer’s Homilies.” 2017.